Thursday, December 4, 2008

Foster Care

To this date we have had 6 foster children in our home for the last 1 1/2 years . The childen have ranged from 12 to 8 weeks old. People say all the time that we are wonderful for doing what we are doing. Sometimes, Ted and I say thank you... but most of the time we tell them that we are not doing foster care to be "wonderful". We are doing foster care to help out the families in our area. We are doing foster care to make a difference in a small way. We are doing foster care to be the one constant in a child's life that is full of inconsistancies. We are doing foster care to help Isaiah learn to share and love (as much as a 2 year old can understand). If and only if a parent is unable to work their case plan and get their child home, Ted and I have said that we would love to adopt those children.

Yes, foster care is not for the faint of heart. We put our hearts on the line many times and hope and pray that the children that are not in our home are doing okay.. it is fun to see the parents and children succeed together... but we constantly wonder how they are doing..

Today, Ted and I have 2 foster children in our home( 2 little one year olds) . We love them and rejoice when they grow and succeed... in the last twoweeks they both have started to eat solid foods (table), both have new teeth coming in, and both are now WALKING!!!! We don't know what the future will hold for these two little ones, we can only help them with the here and now!

1 comment:

Sarah said...

Gwen, you guys are amazing. You both must be so patient and kind. Isaiah is so big.. and adorable! I can't believe his feet are already a size 9. Ky wears a 7, and I thought THAT was big! Isn't if fun having a 2 yr old? I love it. (haha.. so far!)